Join us on October 23 for an afternoon of inspiring talks and performances featuring some of the world’s bravest activists — a masterclass in the struggle for freedom around the globe.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Masih Alinejad, irrepressible Iranian journalist and women’s rights activist founder of My Stealthy Freedom, an online movement opposed to the mandatory dress code, and the #whitewednesdays protest campaign.
- Thae Yong-Ho, the highest ranking diplomat to ever defect from North Korea, considered #1 on the Kim regime assassination list.
- Denise Ho, Cantopop singer, prominent Hong Kong pro-democracy protester, and LGBTQI activist.
- Evan Mawarire, Zimbabwean civil rights activist, pastor, and leader of the #ThisFlag movement that ultimately brought down dictator Robert Mugabe.
- Garry Kasparov, HRF chairman, chess grandmaster, and outspoken democracy activist from Russia.
- Aric Toler, digital researcher focused on unmasking Russian assassins, documenting chemical weapons attacks, and marshaling investigative journalism to expose human rights violations.
- Pete Pattison, award-winning investigative journalist who uncovered the slave labor at the heart of the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
- Gustavo Tovar, former leader of the Venezuelan student movement and celebrated human rights advocate and film director.
May 27, 2019
May 24, 2017
May 29, 2018
September 13, 2019
2019 Oslo Freedom Forum in Taiwan
Sep 13, 2019
The experience of the Oslo Freedom Forum, our flagship event that takes place each year in Norway, is coming to Asia on September 13, 2019. Join us for riveting talks from international activists, an Interactive Expo featuring companies working at the intersection of business and human rights, and networking over coffee breaks, and social lunches.
We are looking forward to our 2nd Oslo Freedom Forum in Taiwan this year. We are excited to further connect with Taiwan’s vibrant civil society as we continue our mission to promote human rights and democracy globally.
Confirmed speakers for 2019 include:
- Denise Ho, Hong Kong singer and pro-democracy and LGBTQI activist
- Audrey Mbugua, Kenyan transgender activist
- Thae Yong-Ho, Former North Korean diplomat
- Esther Htusan, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist from Burma
- Molly McKew, writer specializing in information warfare and recipient of the Georgian Order of Honor
- Netiwit Chotiphatphaisal, education reform activist and author in Thailand
- Yeonmi Park, North Korean defector and human rights activist
- And many more to be announced!!
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions regarding registration by emailing email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Taiwan soon!
Join us on social media!
#OsloFF | #OFFinTaiwan
- Wed Dec 31, 7:00pm